07 April 2011

The pain of waiting... yields excitement!!!

July 2010

I decided to apply for the international student exchange program with University of Hong Kong. So, i started my research on it, eg. course offered, living cost, accommodation... And it took me nearly 4 months to get everything done!

November 2010

Finally, i have all documents with me and i submitted the application form together with the documents needed to the course management office for approval of subjects.

February 2011

I received an email from the Monash course management office, stating that my subjects have been approved. And they will now send my application to Monash Australia for them to approve my application and nominate me to the host university.

March 2011

I received an email from Monash Australia Study Abroad, mentioning that they have approved my application, and will now nominate me to exchange to my preferred host university. I applied to both HKU and CityU. They listed my preference as CityU.


Early April 2011

I received an email from CityU. They asked me to fill in the application form to exchange to their university and attach all my documents together and send it over to them before May. I told my mum about it, she seemed to be disappointing for me not getting into HKU in the beginning. But she kept on doing research about the benefits of CityU so that she could be a bit happier. However, it seems that it is not 100% confirm that i will be going to CityU.

The next day, i receive another email from Monash Australia Study Abroad, saying that i shall complete all the application from online, print them out, and hand them in to the representative in Malaysia so that they could help me with the process. And there was one sentence in the email, saying that "The host university is not liable to accept your application during this time. Once they receive all documents, they will process your application and inform you on the acceptance. This process could take 2 weeks to 2 months."

So, what it means? It means that i have to fill in forms and be more patient to wait for another email. Pray hard that i will be accepted! :)

Mid April 2011

Just handed in the application form and other supporting documents to Selwyn, the Monash Abroad Coordinator, where he will post it for me to the host university. Thanks Selwyn and im waiting for your good news. :D

Late April 2011


Received an email from Monash Abroad and Selwyn, saying that i was successful in nomination and selection to go for the exchange in HK. Weee~ So happy! :) But they do say that it is only 100% confirm when i receive a tangible offer letter and student visa from HK... *pray hard* I am supposed to also attend a briefing session next week for more information regarding the exchange. Offer letter mari mari mari!! XD

Early May 2011


Attended the student exchange briefing session with Selwyn. He gave us information on the exchange and clear our doubts. Found out that among all the students participating in this program, only 9% are males! XD Women are dominating... Anyway, we filled in the forms, again, for the travel grant and the session ends. He has also told us that usually students who have been nominated is successful in getting a place in the exchange program. Hope so!!!

Late May 2011


Wahooo!!! I have finally received my letter of acceptance from CUHK! :D:D:D Hong Kong, Im coming!!!

Early June 2011


My tangible letter of acceptance is in hand! ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment